Thursday, August 14, 2014

Nara Light Up Wallk


Nara Light Up Promenade
I waited for the Light Up Promenade to start at the Nara National Museum grounds.  The pond in front of the building has beautiful water lillies blooming.


Many young women and men dressed in tradional kimono for the festival.


The festival began with speeches on the park property near the Todaiji Temple.  The symbol on the left is a heart.  I would love to know what the other symbols represent.


As volunteers started lighting the cup shaped lanterns colored lights blinked on and off along the side of the adjacent mountain.


There must have been thousands of lanterns.


This set of lights reminded me of a river.


Lights near the corner.


Many other lanterns were lit in the city.


The Buddhist Sculpture Hall and a half dozen other buildings are illuminated.


The five story pagoda at Kofukuji Temple is illuminated.  Beautiful.  It was a long busy day, but I am glad I stayed for the festival.













No comments:

Post a Comment