Saturday, August 23, 2014

ABC Craft Store

  I found ABC craft store.   it was a lot like JoAnns or Michaels.  I found a blog with what I thought was a pic of the building.  So I went to every floor and the store wasn't there.   I finally asked someone on the 6th floor where it was and she said it was at the Q mall.  You go out the door and turn right.   I asked her how to spell Q and she said Q.  To my credit some of the mall is spelled cues.   


The store is on the third floor. I don't know where the blogger went but it didn't seem like there were 5 floors to me.   Maybe it is the sister store in Tokyo.   


People were spending a lot of money on yarn.   I would say the equivalent of a kitchen garbage bag.   Most skeins are 40 to 50 gm.  I found acrylic yarn in larger skeins that came from Turkey.   They only had three colors ecru, lavender, and maroon.  The maroon was okay I almost bought that but they had Noro yarn on sale 40% off.   So I bought that instead.   It looks pretty cool to me.  We will see how it works up.   



They had 12 registers open and there were two lines of people about 10 deep.   After I took a bunch of pictures I saw a sign that said no pictures.   So sorry!!!







This reminds me of the yarn Grandma Richards used to make rugs.









No comments:

Post a Comment