Nara Festival: I went to Nara for the second time to see a festival. I was not feeling very well, but I want my time off from work to be meaningful. There as a parade of street dancers. The man above was doing a ninja like dance.
The women pictured were dancing with fans, but some of the moves seemed to be more hip-hop like than I would have expected.
When I arrived at the festival site, they were selling fish sticks, no not really, grilled fish on skewers.
Children were dressed in Kimono and blowing bubble with huge wands.
I didn't figure out why we were praying for Japan, but that is okay.
There was an amphitheater with fabric strung across the top. People were waiting for a show so I waited too.
It turned out to be a singing and dancing number with three school girls and a cross between a reindeer and a Buddha.
There was a light show in fog. It reminded me of the giant kalidescope in Woodstock.
The temple (relatively recent) was illuminated and there were votive candles on the ground.
The second sculpture that was illuminated.













No comments:
Post a Comment