Cosplay - I never heard of it until I started researching Japan. Young people dress up as their favorite anime characters and hang out at parks and shopping centers. Or they may have a party. Kyle and I were driving back from Ohio this past week and were passed by a car with Japanese lettering on the bumper. The sign on the back window asked to be notified if you have a "Cosplay" event and they will stream it on-line. There is the Law of Attraction at work.
We had a different name for Cosplay when I was growing up. It was called Halloween. Jo dressed up as her favorite playing card and Jame was a ballerina every year until her tutu didn't fit anymore. Funny I can remember what they wore, but can't think of any of my costumes. I do remember dressing up in Pat's saris. That was more of a cultural experience than Cosplay.
(nhgreen.blogspot.com took the picture of three cosplay friends dressing as Wako Agemaki)
(nhgreen.blogspot.com took the picture of three cosplay friends dressing as Wako Agemaki)

No comments:
Post a Comment