Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dial 7, JFK and China Airlines

I Dialed 7 and was picked up at Stewart Airport (yes FL friends Stewart not Stuart) by a Chinese driver.  Thanks Mom and Dad for dropping me off.  I miss you and Happy Hour already.   My driver was very informative.   China Airlines is not from Mainland China it is from Tiawan.  It is a good thing he knew the difference because there is also Air China which leaves JFK from a different terminal.   The trip down was great.  It was awesome to see the Frogs Neck Bridge aka the Throgs Neck Bridge and NYC.  I even got to see the Planisphere at the site of the US Open.  I got dropped off at JFK Terminal 4.  I couldn't find China airlines so I asked someone with a walkie talkie.   She said after the Emerites flight left they would take down the signs and put up the China Airlines signs.   And they did!   The wait at the terminal was fine.  I am making a new Adirondack Shiver Blanket with some variegated pink yarn.  Mom was right it helped pass the time and is a new project for a new adventure.   The flight was great.  They have this map of the world on a screen and as your flight progresses the airplane moves on the map.   I saw the Long Island Sound, the Hudson River, the Finger Lakes, four of the Great Lakes, and Niagra Falls!  I think they should have a geologist give a little commentary as they fly over.  My mistake was to go to the bathroom.  While I was gone they closed all the window shades.  I met my new boss Birdie and drove an hour to my new home away from home.  I didn't get homesick until it took me a half hour to figure out how to flush the toilet.

A list of things to remember:

A four year old Indian girl in a lime green dress with gold trim and hot pink sneakers
A television camera taking videos of the Jewish men leaving for Isreal
The statuesque Emerites Flight Attendants in the pill box hats with a white scarf hanging down the right side
The Chinese Airlines Attendents closing the drapes to their little work area so they could put on little pink aprons over their mauve suits
The six foot three blond boy and his travel companion doing yoga in the terminal
Seeing Niagra Falls from the plane


 Getting fingerprinted by the visa men in their raised box
Seeing the irregular landscape of Japan from the air and the Kobe Airport built on the water
Not seeing Kansai airport until we were just above the water and ready to land
Getting excited to see car dealerships because I could read the words
The sticky humidity of the air
Trying to get in the car on the wrong side
Seeing jiggly puff on a package at the coop

No comments:

Post a Comment