Tiny Steps in Sassy Socks: Today I received my Certificate of Eligibility for entry into Japan. It was obtained by my sponsor in Japan from the Department of Ministry and FedEx'ed to me in New York. The part I still can't wrap my mind around is that you have to give the Japanese Consulate the following information to get your work visa: my passport with a blank page, the certificate mentioned above, a two page passport application (photo from within 1 month, the address you will be residing at, your sponsor's birthdate so you don't forget to give him a present, when you will be arriving, etc.), a liability release form (in case all your information is lost or stolen), a copy of your driver's license, and a return envelope with 16+ stamps on it. The one that takes the proverbial cake is a copy of your flight itinerary. They have four to seven days to process your paperwork, unless there is a problem, then it can take up to two months. Luckily, being the Renaissance woman that I am, I bought travel protection for $56 so I can change my ticket if the visa doesn't arrive in time.
Ode to Sassy Socks
Black socks, blue socks, in your shoe socks
Striped socks, plaid socks, five little toe socks
Knee socks, Elite socks, two left feet socks,
By the bag or by the batch, take your socks and mix and match
Short socks, tall socks, in a ball socks
Ripped socks, darned socks, Sassy knits with balls of yarn socks,
Ankle socks, crew socks, pairs and pairs of brand new socks
Argyle socks, print socks, full of lint socks.

No comments:
Post a Comment